Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Winter in Germany

Draft which was not posted on time. So here it is... 

I had a slice of my winter season when i visited Germany for a week last January. That is in between of our exam weeks from January 16 to 23. It was great that I was able to meet my families in Deutschland!



He sends out His command to the earth; His word runs very swiftly;
He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes;
He casts out His hail like morsels; who can stand before His cold?
He sends out His word and melts them; 
He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow. Psalms 147:15-18


Yey! White all around and I am back in my Darmstadt Uni.

January 23

Back in rome! :) thank God i was able to go home safely after more than two days that Darmstadt transportation were interrupted because of the iced transport system. 

It was snowing every morning in Darmstadt. Small powdery snow flakes blanket the city white. 
Ironically, I feel alive to be freezing and have city walk. It amazes me every morning where does the snow come from. It never snowed this way when I was in Darmstadt last year!


On sunday afternoon (January 20), it started to rain, gentle yet it continuous rained til evening. 
So, the result? the snow covering roofs, signages, buildings melted. Turned to ice and icicles. Roads were glazed by a thin, shimmering glass of ice. It was so slippery walking as i rushed to get the next tram to my next appointment! If i wasn't able to get hold of the nearby poles, I could had slipped and slided twice (or more). 

Twigs, branches, flowers and leaves, posts and pavements were covered in glass ice. It was so amazing to behold! At a point in time, the life were preserved by ice. 

Another amazing sight for me are the snow covering roof tops, sign boards, buildings, edges of almost everything turned to icicles as it rained on Sunday.

Winter in Darmstadt. At the Architecture Faculty. Luisenplatz. Jang who wants to dance Gangnam in cold.
Cool Bike, Frozen Pizza and Glazed Mailbox!


Life frozen in time
Coming from the tropics makes me so amazed with all these things I had first experienced! Life and lifeless things frozen in time. It is astonishing that trees look lifeless survive the winter and carry through their usual photosynthesis activities come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment