Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marburg, Korbach, and Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe en route

From Darmstadt, on my way to Willingen and Brilon this weekend, I had a 40-minute stop in Marburg, Germany. So instead of counting trains and passengers at the railway station, i decided to check out what's outside the station. One thing that interests me about Marburg is that my friend Steffi will move there by September and she will leave in the castle. I knew it, she is a real princess in disguise! Another thing, the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) - Europe is located in Marburg. So I had a short walk in the fine sunny weather...
Marburg church and buildings by the river
Closer look to the St. Elisabeth church and a traditional German house 
Capturing my colors before rushing to get my train
Felt great that i don't have to wear jacket!
One street in Marburg is interestingly named after Robert Koch, a german bacteriologist I learned in school. Time spent there was too short and I hope to be back. Or maybe I can stay there for weeks during the break. (*praying*)
Now in Korbach, I have to wait for more than an hour to get my train to Willingen. It was lunch time and I was so tired to walk to the city center to grab some food. Instead, I tried to finish the weird (but intelligent) book borrowed I from Jenny Bausch. It was Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. Well, Korbach, a town in Northern Hessen, boasts of its rich history of gold mining, thus the gold chips embedded on the road.
Korbach's gold chips on the road
After an overnight stay full of activities in Willingen, Brilon and conquering mountains (thanks to Tita Gloria and Tita Emily and their families for accommodating me!), I had another stopover, this time it is in Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe. The station did not provide so much of seats, so I decided again to step out to the city. I had a long time reading and staring at Kassel's interesting/ tourism spots. Unfortunately, I had barely an hour to set afoot somewhere and come back just in time to catch my train. So, I just decided to walk somewhere and found myself sitting on one of the benches outside. Singing, wondering, praying, and just being in silence. I feel that I am transported in Los Baños for a time and this makes me at peace and happy.
On the bench...breathing fresh air...resting...
The first time I had a short stopover in Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe train station I was wondering if those serving in one of the bakeshops/ cafeteria were Filipinas. This time, I was able to order in my own language and had a short chitchat with them. *big smile* Brezel and Schokocroissant! :) Haha, na-OP ang isang aleman habang nag-uusap kami at nag-oorder ako sa salitang di nya alam! (One of the german customers felt out-of-place when we talked and I ordered in a language she did not understand!)
With love and handmade for your eyes too and your mouth up

Little by little the reality that I am leaving Darmstadt is sinking in. I just have a month to stay here, and I know I am not yet prepared to leave Darmstadt... I think I will never will.
I was glad with my stopovers, I was able to make use of my time efficiently :)

1 comment:

  1. Ate Kit you're so ganda. Stop Overs. Kinikilig whenever I read this. The weird book was my latest read. huuuugs :D

    ReplyDelete